The Best Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 recipes of gluten-free pie crust
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1–2 carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2–3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- wash peel, and chop vegetables as desired. boil or steam all vegetables except onion.
- Sauteé onion in butter until translucsent. Mix in cornstarch, and quickly add chicken broth and milk. Stir until thickened.
- Drain veggies, and add to onion mix. Add chicken, and spices to taste.
- Roll out pie crust as directed, and line a deep casserole dish (appoximately 1.5 quart capacity). Pour filling in, and top with another layer of pie crust.
- Cut vents into top crust.
- Bake at 350º for thirty minutes, or until crust is nicely browned.
- Take out of oven and serve. Be careful – the filling is hot!