Are you eating clean, or on a whole 30 this January? These sweet potato curly fries are a must have for your meal plan!
When Gabe and I got married, I hated sweet potatoes. My mom only ever opened a can of candied yams at Thanksgiving, and Gabe likes to bake and mash them with butter and brown sugar.
After a while of baking sweet potatoes for my husband, and hating them every time, I finally started experimenting , and realized you don’t HAVE to put sugar on sweet potatoes just because they’re inherently sweet.
That was really handy to know when we went on our first whole30 last January, and I was surprised by how much I loved thyme roasted sweet potatoes, and more lately, sweet potato egg nests for breakfast.
With a little salt and savory spices, I found myself leaving my sweet potato hatred behind, and going full-on sweet potato lover. My kids may still prefer sugar in their potatoes, but I’m working on reforming their taste buds a little at a time, and they cleaned their plates of these sweet potato curly fries with no problem.
Of course, curly fries are traditionally made with white potatoes, and they’re also dredged in flour, but we wanted these to be packed full of nutrition, and whole30/clean eating-friendly, so I’ve modified the recipe a little bit to keep all the goodness, and lose all the questionable ingredients.
But you know what really makes sweet potato curly fries work? smoked paprika!
I am so in love with this stuff! Of course, regular paprika works in a pinch, but that smokey flavor combined with sweet potatoes is to die for!Print
Whole 30, Sweet Potato Oven Curly Fries
- 3 cups spiralized sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil, or light tasting olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Dump sweet potatoes on a large cookie sheet
- sprinkle with salt and spices
- drizzle with oil and toss until well coated.
- Spread out as thinly as possible to get maximum heat exposure on your curly fries
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges begin to get crispy
- Remove from oven and serve
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.