Sweet potatoes are a thing in our house. If you’ve been reading the gluten-free recipes here lately, you’ve probably noticed that. I mean, sweet potato cookies, sweet potato crackers, and the list goes on.
It’s kind of funny, because in my family, we only ever had sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving day. But for my husband Gabriel, well, he’d be happy to eat sweet potatoes every day.
He’d also be happy to eat sweet potatoes the same way every day. And me, well… not so much.
I’m happy to eat them, but not so happy to use the same recipe every. Single. Time.
So I experiment a lot, and sometimes, I even hit on a real winning recipe. Like this one.
I’ve seen thyme roasted sweet potato recipes around, but they never have enough garlic for my taste, ya know?
One BIG tip for this recipe is to use fresh thyme. Dried thyme has great flavor, but it’s kind of like having a hundred tiny twigs in your mouth. Not the greatest thing ever.
Other than that, it’s hard to mess up, and if you feel like shaking things up a little bit from time to time, you can substitute rosemary for the Thyme.
Either way, Thyme roasted sweet potatoes are a perfect side dish for Oven-Fried chicken – or any chicken dish really. Thyme and rosemary are both GREAT herbs to use with poultry.
Give the recipe a try below:Print
Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you love sweet potatoes, and are looking for a way to change up the way you prepare them, you will love this garlic-thyme roasted recipe.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Peel, and cut sweet potatoes into ¾ inch chunks.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- Spread onto one or two cookie sheets in a single layer and bake in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn with a spatula, and bake for 15-20 minutes more, until sweet potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. The flavor of these potatoes is even better after the next day!
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.