This is one of those delightfully easy, but delicious dishes that help you take advantage of the ever low price of butternut squash.
We’ve taken this Butternut ’n Apples dish to our church’s weekly potluck many times (we grew too much squash one year) and never brought home any leftovers.
I guess it goes to show that sometimes, the simple recipes really are the best.Print
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2–3 large butternut squashes
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granola cereal (optional)
- Peel and seed butternut squash.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into wedges.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt together.
- Layer squash and apples in a 6 quart crockpot.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over top, and dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or hight for 3-4 hours until squash is tender.
- Top with granola before serving.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.
[…] One of my favorite Slow Cooker Squash Recipes! You’re guarantees to love this butternut and apples recipe! […]