Simple Orange Curd Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, juice, and zest in a saucepan.
- Heat over low-medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened – this should take 8-10 minutes
- Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until completely incorporated.
- At this point, you can run your curd through a sieve to remove zest if you wish
- Let curd cool completely
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container, or use immediately as desired.