Looking for the perfect recipe for your garden abundance? This recipe for roasted garlic-parmesan veggies will not disappoint!
What better in the summer than roasted summer veggies? I think nothing – except maybe adding a side of watermelon to them.
I think the abundance of squash zucchini, and tomatoes are one of my very favorite things about summer, and I love making new recipes with them!
This recipe combines all three, plus onions, and if you love the flavor of summer veggies and garlic, you’re in for a special treat with this recipe!
Of course, my kids absolutely despise everything about summer veggies (how did I end up with hooligans so opposite of myself?!), and even the topping of parmesan cheese, which they adore, can barely convince them to give this dish an honest try.
But they do eat it when I make them, which is progress over most other ways I’ve tried feeding them zucchini (well, other than gluten-free zucchini bread – but I’m not sure that counts).
And I have to admit that I’m not mad about having to eat the whole pan mostly by myself.
But along that vein, keep in mind that a recipe like this is super flexible – if you’re not a fan of tomatoes for instance, replace some or all of them with one of the other veggies. Just try to keep the overall ratio of veggie volume to oil the same – you don’t want to end up with too many veggies for the oil to coat properly, or too few, resulting in drenched veggies.
These veggies make a really good side to this super easy pork loin recipe.Print
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Veggies
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup grape tomatos
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan*
- salt and pepper
- Combine oil, garlic, and herbs, and allow to marinate while prepping remainder of recipe
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Slice zucchini, yellow squash, and onion to 1/4-1/2 inch slices
- Slice grape tomatoes in half
- Toss veggies in oil/garlic/herb mixture, thoroughly coating every slice
- Spread in a single layer on a parchment, or foil-lined cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Top with cheese
- Place in center of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese has begun to turn golden.
- Remove and serve.
*We also occasionally use swiss cheese, which is equally tasty!