This orange spice detox tea will help you get moving in the morning and support your body in amazing ways!
You’re not the kind of person who lives under a rock, so I’m sure you’ve heard of detox tea.
What’s up with it anyway? Does it really work? And what exactly does “detox” mean?
Most of us associate detoxing with losing weight, but is that really what it’s all about?
And then there are those who sneer and say, “Detoxes are fake! Your liver is your body’s detoxing system.”
And, of course, they’re technically right. Here’s where I stand on that, keeping in mind that I’m not a health or medical professional – just a layperson who’s done her own research.
There IS a lot of false advertising out there about detoxing and what it does, and we do need to talk about it.
Does that mean detox tea doesn’t work?
Here’s what detoxing programs – good ones – do: they support your body’s own ability to rid itself of toxins.
In other words, they give your body the nutrients it needs to work at a high efficiency.
It’s pretty simple, and really it’s something we all should be doing. Detox tea happens to be a really easy and efficient way to do it!
Here’s why this particular orange spice detox tea works:
- Black tea is rich in antioxidants which induce detoxifying enzymes.
- Cinnamon controls blood sugar to promote weight loss.
- Oranges are packed with vitamin C, which helps to clear the digestive system and clean the liver.
- Ginger stimulates digestion and circulation.
- Raw honey is packed with antioxidants and helps the body functions run more smoothly.
Will drinking this tea help you lose weight?
It’s possible. When we’re overweight, we tend to build up toxins, and supporting your body in removing those toxins could ultimately lead to weight loss.
But as with any healthy habit, weight loss itself really shouldn’t be the motivator behind what we do. Having a healthy body is a goal that will lead to a healthy, sustainable weight, and supporting your body’s detoxification is one way to do that.
Orange Spice Detox Tea
This delicious orange detox tea is perfect if you feel like you need to reset your body or just want to try a tasty tea. Simple and delicious.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Begin by steeping black tea in a cup of hot water. You can use loose leaf or a teabag, it does not make a difference. You can also substitute green tea if you prefer.
- Pour a tablespoon of honey into your cup, and stir well.
- Cut orange in half, and squeeze the juice from one half into your tea, then add a slice to your mug.
- Grate about ½ a teaspoon of fresh ginger into your cup.
- Add cinnamon.
- Stir well and sip to enjoy the detoxifying supportive qualities of this delicious tea.
Keywords: tea, detox, orange, spice detox tea
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.