If you’re a busy mom, Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls are a must have recipe for simple dinner prep!
As a homeschooling mom, simple meals are my best friend. I don’t want to spend a lot of time making dinner if I don’t have to – I have too much going on for that!
And yet, it’s essential that we have tasty food. Of course it is! No one wants to eat bland food all the time just because mom got too busy to make dinner.
But y’all, keeping things simple doesn’t necessarily mean keeping it boring, and these Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls are proof of that.
These bowls are packed with flavor.
I like to make a large batch early on in the week, and save the leftovers for lunch a few days later. That way I not only have a simple dinner one night, but also an almost prep-free lunch another day, that way if school work runs long in the morning, or something else comes up, our schedule isn’t really affected too much.
And yes, I know that it’s still mid July, and it’s “too early” to start back to school, but we often homeschool through the summer, especially with the temperature being consistently above 105º for the last few weeks. Nobody wants to go outside, so we might as well use our time wisely, and hopefully spend more time outdoors when the weather cools down a bit.
But back to this Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls recipe. This tasty beef over rice takes care of the protein and carb elements of your meal, but what about the vegetables? You know us moms, we can’t serve dinner without ruining it for the kids with a green vegetable. 😉
I like to steam broccoli or asparagus and add it too the bowls to make a one-dish meal, or serve a simple salad on the side. (related: Check out our favorite healthy homemade salad dressing recipes)
These bowl-type dinners are especially great in a family like ours where different family members have different dietary requirements. The kids’ bowls can have more rice, and Gabe’s can have more veggies, because he’s in a place right now where he’s consuming fewer carbohydrates.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Get an awesome one here.
Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 C beef broth
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger paste or grated ginger root
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 cups prepared jasmine rice
- Green Onions for garnish
- Turn your instant pot onto Saute mode and add the olive oil and ground beef
- Brown the ground beef and then add in the minced garlic. Stir until combined
- Once all of the beef has been browned add remaining ingredients (Except rice) into the pot and stir until combined
- Turn the instant pot off and allow the beef to sit for a few minutes
- Using a bowl and a strainer, drain the beef into the strainer that way the juice will go into the other bowl. Trust me you will want to keep the sauce!
- Scoop rice into a bowl and add some beef on top of the rice
- Pour some sauce onto the beef and top with green onions!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!