How To Make Elderberry Syrup
- 1–1/2 cups dried elderberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1–1 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 lemons, juiced (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- Put berries, water, and cinnamon sticks if using, in a sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30-40 minutes until water volume is reduce by 1/3-1/2 half, adding ginger in the last 10-15 minutes if using.
- Let berries cool some, pull out cinnamon sticks, and drain through a sieve, squeezing out as much juice as possible.
- Pour into a jar and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Standard doses are 1/2-1 teaspoon for kids, and 1 tablespoon for adults 2-3 times a day.
- Keep in mind that this is a home remedy concoction made from real food – not a drug, which means it’s good for you!