If you love Texas Roadhouse Honey-Lime Dressing, you will love this recipe!
But, I decided to branch out a little bit this week. The warmer weather seems to call for lighter salad dressing recipes, and with only two tablespoons of oil, this honey-lime dressing is definitely light on fat!
Of course, the other reason is that I needed a non-dairy, egg-free dressing for my husband whom we recently found out is highly allergic to eggs, and is trying to completely avoid dairy in an effort to heal himself.
Texas RoadHouse Honey-Lime Dressing
So here’s what you need to know about this recipe:
- It’s tangy! It adds a nice bit of zing to your salad. If it’s too much for you, you can always cut back on the lime/add more honey and oil.
- It’s super easy to make. If you use fresh limes like I did, squeezing them out may take some time, but otherwise, this is just a measure and pour recipe. I love that!
- It’s a perfect compliment to Mexican-themed dinners. I love Latin American flavors, and between the lime and cumin, that’s exactly what you get here, although I have seen some recipes almost exactly like this one that used cinnamon instead of cumin, so feel free to make substitutions for a more traditional flavor!
About The Ingredients:
- I like to use Light tasting olive oil, but you can use extra virgin if you prefer either the flavor or healthy benefits
- Speaking of nutrition, make sure to use raw honey! If you can’t get it locally, you can always order from Amazon.
- Just like all ingredients, fresh lime juice can’t be beat, but don’t be afraid to use the bottle in your fridge either. I typically buy this one.
Honey-Lime Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup lime juice (3–4 limes, juiced)
- 3 Tablespoons of honey (preferably raw!)
- 2 Tablespoons light tasting olive oil (you can use extra virgin if you prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar with tight fitting lid.
- Screw lid on tightly.
- Shake well
- Serve over green salad
Alternatively of course, you can simply stir the ingredients with a spoon.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!