What is it about easy, no-bake cookies? They’re just so hard to resist!
But if you’re looking for a quick, easy dessert recipe, they’re perfect. However, if you’re looking for quick, easy, and healthy? No such luck.
A few years ago, we made our first batch of healthy no-bake cookies (then a second one and a third one…), and when, on a whim, I shared them here, they quickly became the most popular recipe on the blog.
The problem was, even though they were made with healthy ingredients, they were still crazy-sweet, thanks to all that honey. A lot of people commented on the recipe, mentioning that they cut back on the honey, the cookies were nice and fudgy, and only mildly sweet.
We found the same thing, and I wanted to update the recipe, but with over three hundred thousand shares on Pinterest, I didn’t want to mess it up for the people who loved them just the way they were. So, here’s a new recipe for those of us who want 1/3 cup of honey instead of 3/4 cup.
My kids were gaga for these, but if you’re intolerant of oatmeal the way I am, I suggest using unsweetened coconut flakes instead for a delicious twist on tradition!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies: Video Tutorial
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies
If you’re looking for a simple and healthy no-bake cookie, look no further than this recipe. So quick and so tasty!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Combine peanut butter, cocoa powder, and coconut oil in a sauce pan
- Heat over low heat until oil is melted
- Remove from heat and add honey or syrup (if you’re using raw honey, make sure your peanut butter mixture is just warm, not hot before you add it!)
- Stir in vanilla
- Add oatmeal and combine well
- drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper
- Let cool until they set up (I like to pop them in the refrigerator to speed the process up)
- Store in a lidded container in a cool place
Keywords: no bake cookies, no bake cookie recipe, no bake peanut butter chocolate cookies, how to make no bake cookies, no bake cookies recipe
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.