Gluten-Free Zucchini Streusel muffins
- 3 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 tsp. guar or xanthan gum (omit if your mix already contains)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 2 ½ cups zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup oil (I use light olive oil)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (not starch!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Mash banana (blend in a food processor if you have one
- Beat in eggs, oil, and vanilla. (Pulse to combine if using the food processor)
- Shred zucchini and add to banana/egg/oil mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape flour up from the bottom and mix it in.
- Divide batter evenly between 18 greased muffin cups.
- Combine all streusel ingredients together until crumbly and divide among muffins.
- Place the muffin pans in the center of the preheated oven, and bake, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Loosen edges with a butter knife, and remove to a wire cooling grid to finish cooling.
- Ideally, you would let it cool completely before serving, but if you’re like me, hot muffins and butter is just too tempting, so enjoy!