This gluten-free Sandwich Wrap bread will be a favorite with your entire family! It’s super easy to mix up, and only takes 5-7 minutes to bake!
I found a recipe for gluten-free wrap-style bread in a cookbook my mother-in-law gave me quite a while ago, and my reaction was just “well, that’s weird”, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to try it.
You know, one of the biggest problems with making good gluten-free bread is that a sandwich bread sized loaf gets too heavy to rise well, so it makes sense that a 1/4 inch thick jelly roll pan of bread would rise beautifully, and be light and fluffy. In fact, my first one rose so much that it was almost an inch thick, and my sandwich wraps turned into monster sandwich wraps.
Also? It only takes five minutes to bake. Yeah. That’s a far cry from the 50-60 minutes so many bread recipes take. It’s almost a quick bread.
With my first batch, I spread it about 1/3 of an inch thick, and it rose to a lovely, fluffy 3/4 of an inch. It was nice, but if I do it that thick again, I will probably cut it into sandwich-sized squares rather than try to roll it, because as you can see in the picture below, it’s a little hard to roll when it’s that thick.
With my second batch, I spread it as thinly as I could, and it made a pretty, flexible wrap, just a little bit thicker than a tortilla.
Just lay your fillings on top, roll it up, and cut to 3-4 inches – or however large you want your sandwiches to be.
Gluten-Free Sandwich Wrap Bread
- Mix dry ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer (or medium bowl, and be prepared to use some elbow grease ;))
- In a smaller blow, beat the eggs with a fork, and add the rest of the liquid of the liquid ingredients
- Turn the stand mixer with the dry ingredients on low, and pour in wet ingredients
- Once ingredients are all incorporated, turn up the mixer, and beat for four minutes
- Pour batter into a greased, 11×15 inch jelly roll pan
- Spread evenly over the entire pan
- Place in a warm area (such as an oven with a pilot light) and allow to rise for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven, and preheat oven to 425º
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until lightly brown on top
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes
- Loosen edges of bread from the pan if necessary, and dump onto a cooling grid
- Place sandwich fillings on top of bread, and roll length wise, or cut as desired before rolling
- Or you can but the bread into squares and use as regular sandwich material
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.