Gluten-free pumpkin-oatmeal cookies could be described as Soft, fluffy, pumpkin-y deliciousness.
Many gluten-free cookie recipes end up being hard and brittle – like a sweet cracker – or crumbly. But not these. I was looking for a good, healthy cookie recipe, possibly to freeze, for Garrett to snack on. His superpower, as it happens, is making messes, so despite my opinion that these cookies are remarkably un-crumbly, he managed to crumble them all over the living room carpet. So maybe sweet crackers are in order for him. No matter, while they may not be a candidate for large keeping in the snack jar, they’re a great treat.Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin-Oatmeal Cookies
Ready to try some delicious new cookies? These pumpkin oatmeal cookies can’t be beat.
- Mix together suagr, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add to first mixture and mix well.
- Drop on cookie sheet by the heaping teaspoon full. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so.
- Optional: You can sprinkle the cookies with Cinnamon-sugar before baking for an extra special treat,
Or you can ice them. Pumpkin cookies are typically iced with this glaze:
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 T. milk or cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- powdered sugar
Cream first three ingredients together. Add powdered sugar to desired consistency. Drizzle on slightly cooled cookies.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.