Gluten-free pumpkin-oatmeal cookies could be describes as Soft, fluffy, pumkin-y deliciousness.
Many gluten-free cookie recipes end up being hard and brittle – like a sweet cracker – or crumbly. But not these. I was looking for a good, healthy cookie recipe, possibly to freeze, for Garrett to snack on. His super power as it happens is making messes, so despite my opinion that these cookies are remarkably un-crumbly, he managed to crumble them all over the living room carpet. So maybe sweet crackers are in order for him. No matter, while they may not be a candidate for large keeping in the snack jar, they’re a great treat.Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin-Oatmeal Cookies
- Mix together suagr, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add to first mixture and mix well.
- Drop on cookie sheet by the heaping teaspoon full. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so.
- Optional: You can sprinkle the cookies with Cinnamon-sugar before baking for an extra special treat,
Or you can ice them. Pumpkin cookies are typically iced with this glaze:
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 T. milk or cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- powdered sugar
Cream first three ingredients together. Add powdered sugar to desired consistency. Drizzle on slightly cooled cookies.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!