Looking for a super easy dessert to add to your holiday celebrations? We partnered
with Albertsons grocery stores to bring you this delicious gluten-free impossible pie
recipe to help make your holidays stress-free this year!
What’s the best thing about the holiday season? I know I’m supposed to say “being
together with family”, but if I’m being honest, I really think it’s the food.
My best holiday memories are all about making and eating food. Whether it’s mom
and me making stuffing, and totally disagreeing on the definition of perfectly
seasoned every. single. year. (miss you mom!), or finally getting to eat those pies my
sisters that I spent the previous day baking.
It’s centered around food.
But now that I’m a mom, I don’t have time – or let’s face it – the energy to spend the
entire day before Thanksgiving or Christmas making pie and pie crust. Not when I
have kids, a house, and everything that goes with them to take care of. You know the
Especially not this year, when we were literally moving into our new house
Impossible pie has become my super simple work around for creating great holiday
desserts, without all that work – and yes! It’s even gluten-free.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about ingredients.
We’re all trying our best to feed our families the healthiest food possible, and dessert isn’t an exception here. In fact, maybe putting quality ingredients in dessert is the highest priority of all. It’s called choosing your treats wisely.
So for this gluten-free impossible pie recipe, we used the O Organics® line of Ingredients. O Organics is available in the Fort Worth area exclusively at Albertsons and Tom Thumb grocery stores, which offer a wide variety of USDA-certified organic products at a great value.
In full disclosure, I actually went to Albertsons because of a great sale they were having on Turkey (thirty-nine cents per pound!), and tortilla chips (random, I know), but as I walked through the store, I was impressed by how they make healthy eating easier with their prominent displays, and wide variety of healthier foods, including fresh vegetables packaged up and ready to grab, and the affordable O Organics products in nearly every aisle, making them a one-stop shop for all your holiday baking needs.
Walking through the store, it’s pretty clear that Albertsons values making great tasting, organic food available to everyone at affordable prices.
For those of you not in the Forth Worth area, O Organics can be found at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Tom Thumb, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Tips for shopping at Albertsons:
- Check their sales flyer before you go (click the “Weekly Ad” tab on their website). The door buster sales are amazing!
- Sign up to receive personalized deals. You’ll find one-time use deals such as $.20 discount per gallon gas with a $25 or more purchase, or $.40 off any canned vegetable purchase.
- Save with Free Delivery on your 1st order – or – $25 Off + Free Delivery on your 1st order when you spend $100 or more. Enter promo code: SEASONSEATINGS at online checkout. Offer valid through 1/14/18.
Now, on to the pie!Print
Gluten-Free Impossible Pie Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup O Organics Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice flour
- preheat oven to 350º
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl
- Add milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla
- Stir well, then add coconut and rice flour
- Pour into a 9” pie plate. Your pie plate should be completely full. You may be tempted to take some out, but don’t worry! It won’t boil over.
- Place in the center of your oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes, until just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven, and let cool before serving.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.