Gluten-Free Gingerbread man Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Black Strap Molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 t. Sea Salt
- 1 t. Guar Gum
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
- About 1 cup of your choice of icing (I like to use classic buttercream)
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light. Beat in molasses and egg.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (except frosting).
- Gradually beat creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into a disk (you can cut the dough into two disks to make them easier to work with), and refrigerate until easy to handle – about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet about an inch apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are firm.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Once cookies are completely cool, frost as desired.