Gluten-Free English Muffins Recipe
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk.
- Set aside and allow to proof for 15 minutes.
- meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour yeast mixture over dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly. Batter should be thicker than pancake batter, but not thick enough to hold its shape.
- Heat an oiled skillet over medium-low heat.
- Grease muffin rings and place on skillet.
- *Optional step* sprinkle inside of muffin rings with cornmeal.
- Spoon muffin batter into rings to fill about 2/3 of the way from the top.
- Allow to brown for about five minutes.
- Flip, using a thin spatula (sometimes a fork will work better if you have difficulty getting your spatula under the ring).
- Cook for another five minutes or so until muffin is well browned.
- Use a butter knife to loosen the the muffin from the ring.
- Don’t be afraid to keep cooking them after the ring has been removed, and/or flip them a few more times if you’re not sure they’re done. Alternatively, you can also finish baking them in a 350º oven.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Split with a fork.