These gluten-free cake doughnut holes are so delicious and easy to make – perfect breakfast treat recipe!
I love doughnuts. But then, who doesn’t? Gluten-Free yeast doughnuts are my favorites. That light, fluffy texture and yeasty smell just can’t be beat, but let’s face it, you don’t always want to wait around while your doughnuts rise, right?
I think that’s why cake doughnuts were invented. They’re slightly sweeter, and a little more dense, easy to make, and oh-so delicious!
We managed to lose our doughnut cutter, probably when we moved, but Garrett hasn’t let that stop him from asking for doughnuts. For the last week he’s been asking me “why don’t we make doughnut sticks?!” And so, we finally did.
You know what? Doughnut sticks are PERFECT for dunking. Just right. and they’re super easy. Just roll your dough out, and use a knife or pizza cutter to make 3/4-1 inch wide sticks. Voila!
And then of course, bite-sized doughnut holes are perfect for toddler snacking. yum! I didn’t have anything to cut out doughnut holes, so we just pinched off bits of dough, and rolled them into balls about the size of a large marble. At first, I thought they would be too small, but they rose a lot while they were frying and ended up being the perfect size.
Either way, this recipe is perfect for mixing up in the evening and refrigerating overnight to fry up for an easy breakfast in the morning.
Gluten-Free Cake doughnut Holes
Gluten-Free Cake Doughnut Holes
- Mix first seven ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir flour and gum together (or omit gum if your mix already includes it).
- Add flour mix to wet ingredients and mix well.
- At this point, you can roll the dough into a log, wrap in saran wrap, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Roll dough out about 1/3-1/2 inch thick on a floured surface, and cut into your desired shape.
- Fry in a deep fat fryer at about 365º until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Flip, and fry again.
- Drain on paper towels, or a wire rack.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Dip doughnuts into icing glaze, and drain again.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.