Gluten-Free Apple Streusel Bars
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch plus more for flouring your surface
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Heat milk to lukewarm (110 degrees). Add butter yeast, and sugar. stir to disolve yeast.
- Combine flour, starch, baking soda, guar gum, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- After yeast has “proofed” mix in egg and olive oil. Pour into flour mixture and beat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- The mixture will thicken and become less sticky as you beat it.
- Spread into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Combine first five ingredients and mix well. Stir in apples and sprinkle over prepared dough.
- Let dough rise for 15-20 minutes while oven preheats to 350.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges begin to brown.