Why is it that it’s so hard to make brownies that turn out perfectly? You know, with that little crispy, paper thin layer on top? Is it the curse of gluten-free recipes?
Oh wait. It’s not.
Not when we’re talking about flourless, yes, flourless chocolate brownies!
I’m in a bit of a unique position in that, I cook gluten-free, but I’m not allergic to gluten. So still know what the “real thing” tastes like, and inferior substitutes don’t cut the mustard. At all.
When I make brownies, I want them to be fudgey with a papery layer on top!
These cut the mustard.
But back to the flourless part. I hesitate to call something “flourless” when it has cornstarch in it (or oatmeal, as some flourless recipes do), but I’ve finally come to understand that flourless, doesn’t equate with grain-free.
So, these brownies are flourless, but not starchless. And there you have it.
100% fudgey, 100% easy to make, 100% sooo bad for you. 100% deliciousness!
P.S. If you’re looking for something more on the healthy side, check out these Gluten-free sugar-free brownies!
Flourless Gluten-Free Brownies Recipe
Flourless Gluten-Free Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 inch square pan with foil , then lightly butter, set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar.
- Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla and eggs.
- Sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan (or gently shake off of a spoon stirring between each small addition).
- Add the salt.
- Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes. I like to use a hand mixer for this on a medium speed.
- Beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22-30 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center, taking care not to overbake.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!