Easy Gluten-Free Hushpuppies Recipe
- Category: side
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C Corn or rice flour
- 1/2 C gluten-free cornmeal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine eggs, sugar, and onions in a large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in a smaller bow, and add add to egg mixture.
- Heat deep fryer or a kettle of oil at least two inches deep over medium-high heat.
- Once oil reaches 350-375º, drop hushpuppy dough in by heaping teaspoonfuls.
- Turn once, if necessary (sometimes they roll themselves), once the bottom has become golden-brown.
- Remove from oil onto paper towels to drain grease.
- Serve with hushpuppy dipping sauce.