Need a fast, nutritious dinner for your family on busy days? This Asian sausage and veggie casserole is easier than the drive thru!
Yesterday, we were making the six hour drive home from a family function, and knowing that it would be dinner time when we got home, we stopped in at Kroger to pick up some smoked sausage and frozen veggies.
And that, my friend, is the story of how the easiest one-pot dinner casserole I have ever made come to be.
Seriously, Hillshire Farm’s Smoked Sausage + frozen stir-fry veggies made dinner a breeze, and I am alllll about the easy, quick dinners what with a busy summer season coming on!
I literally poured some rice into a casserole dish, layered the sausage and veggies over it, sprinkled with a few asian seasonings, added water, and popped it into the oven, then proceeded to unload the car of all our camping gear while it baked for 25 minutes.
It seems a little silly now, but making a nutritious dinner made me feel like I’d accomplished something significant that day – even though I’d been sitting in a car for most of it!
- I made my casserole in the oven, but for an even quicker cooking time, you can layer everything in a large pot and boil until the rice is tender.
- You meat lovers can easily double the amount of sausage in the recipe for a meatier dish
- You can find lots more easy dinner ideas by visiting Hillshire Farm’s Recipe page
- Hillshire Farm is running a 2 for $5 sale on smoked sausage through April 19th (while supplies last), so hurry up and get some! (Check out your local Kroger store’s weekly ad here)
Easy Asian Sausage And Veggies Casserole
Easy Asian Veggies and Sausage Casserole
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 package (one pound) Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage (you can find it in the back of Kroger with other sausages and hotdog-type meats)
- 1 12oz. package of your favorite stir-fry veggie mix (I used Kroger’s frozen Stir-fry mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Pour rice into a 9×13 inch baking dish
- Slice sausage, and layer on top of rice
- Layer veggies over sausage
- Sprinkle spices and soy sauce over veggies
- Pour water over entire casserole
- Place in center of oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove from oven and serve while hot
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.