Sometimes, I’m thankful for food allergies. I know that if it weren’t for being forced to explore gluten-free recipes, I wouldn’t have ever discovered some of the most amazing recipes ever made.
This coconut piecrust is one of those things. It’s certainly the most unconventional pie crust I’ve ever made, but for many pudding pies, and no-bake strawberry cheesecake (a recipe that I can’t wait to share!), it lends a delightfully coconutty flavor and texture.
Plus, it’s SO easy to make! And I though our quick gluten-free pie crust was easy!
It’s not only gluten-free, it’s grain free, and only uses two ingredients.
You can use butter, or go all coconut and paleo by using coconut oil.
The next time you’re making a pie that you think would go well with coconut, give it a try!Print
Grain-Free Coconut Pie Crust
- Combine both ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until well combined and the desired consistency.
- Press into an 8-inch pie plate.
- If desired, you can double the batch for one pie plate. As you can see in the pictures, mine is pretty thin.
- Bake, if desired at 350º until golden brown. This crust is perfectly good un-baked, but if you love the flavor of toasted coconut (and who doesn’t), this is an easy step to add.
- Cool, and add your filling.