We use to make this casserole often for a late breakfast and loved it, but for some reason, we kind of forgot about it after we moved. Weird, right?
But our local grocery store has their house sausage on sale last week, and suddenly it hit me – I need a sausage cheesy grits casserole!
I was mildly concerned that the kids wouldn’t like it – especially Hadassah, who doesn’t like anything spicy (sausage). How silly of me! We’re talking about grits here, slathered with butter and cheese. Who doesn’t like that?!
So we ate it for supper. The whole thing. Like the pigs we are. Yup.
Our big move couldn’t keep us away from our favorite breakfast casserole forever!
Cheesy Sausage And Grits Breakfast Casserole
Cheese Sausage and Grits Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Brown and crumble sausage.
- Combine grits, water, and salt in saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Add sausage, butter, and cheese to grits and stir well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8×8 pan.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese, paprika, and parsley.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!