So y’all. I feel like I should warn you that I just got a mini doughnut baker, and I. Love. it. So you may never hear the end of it here on the blog.
That thing is so much fun! AND there are SO many donuts just waiting to be made!
And now that I think about it, it may end up not being good for my health to be able to make a batch of donuts in five minutes flat.
Making donuts without a deep fryer may sound a little bit like cheating at first, but aside from the fact that baked doughnuts are so much easier on you in the calorie department, it also makes it possible to make gourmet flavors, and these being gluten-free, it means no worries about your doughnuts getting heavy in an effort to make your dough thick enough to fry.
Total win from every direction in my opinion!
Now, I think we all agree that banana flavored desserts are pretty much the best. Add chocolate chips, and it simply can’t be beat!
Especially when we’re talking about doughnuts. AmIright?
These banana chocolate chip doughnuts are light and fluffy, with just enough banana flavor, and so tasty that your friends won’t even know they’re gluten-free. Pinky swear!
Baked Doughnuts: Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip
Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Doughnuts
- 1 large banana, (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon guar or xanthan gum (omit if your mix already includes gum)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used less, but more would have been better!)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Place banana in a blender or food processor and pureé.
- Add brown sugar, yogurt, butter, eggs and vanilla, and blend until all is well incorporated.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour mix, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix.
- Pour banana mixture into mixing bowl with flour mixture, being sure to scrape all the contents out with a rubber spatula.
- Mix ingredients together until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pastry bag, or zip-top bag (cut corner open to let batter out.)
- Pour batter into doughnut baker, close lid and bake for five minutes.
- Grease doughnut pan.
- Squeeze batter to fill each mold to about 3/4 full.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Mix cinnamon and white sugar together.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into melted butter, and then cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Other recipes you’ll love:
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.