Amish Calico Beans Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked buttered beans
- In a skillet, melt butter and add chopped onion.
- Cook until translucent.
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot or slow cooker and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, more ketchup, brown sugar, etc.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Or cook in the slow cooker on low for several hours.