This super easy sesame chicken recipe is so good! Nobody will no it took you less than ten minutes to make it!
What do you do when your local grocery store has both chicken breasts and sesame seeds on sale at the same time?
Silly question, I know. I mean, you’re here because we’re talking about sesame chicken.
I love Chinese food. LOVE. The problem is, it tends to take a while to make the more traditional recipes. So. I came up with this easier version for a quick lunch.
It’s easy. The only thing that’s a little bit time intensive is cutting up your meat, which you can totally avoid by purchasing pre-cut pajama meat if you’re so inclined.
I used chicken breasts because like I said, they were on sale. And they were YUM!
Easy Sesame Chicken
Super Easy Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into roughly 1” pieces
- 2 Tablespoons sesame (or other vegetable) oil
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- For serving:
- Green onions
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet
- Toss egg, chicken, and cornstarch together in a bowl
- Once oil is hot, but not smoking, add chicken mixture
- Let cook until golden brown on one side before stirring.
- Finish cooking until chicken is cooked through and brown, stirring as little as possible.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients.
- Add to skillet with chicken when chicken is finished cooking.
- After mixture has thickened (about one minute), remove from heat.
- Serve over rice, and garnish with onions.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.