Summer Italian Zucchini Soup
- 1 lb of Italian sausage or your favorite breakfast sausage.
- 1 onion
- 4 zucchini
- 4 medium tomatoes, or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown sausage and onion together in a skillet
- Wash and slice zucchini, removing ends
- Add to skillet and stir fry for just a minute or two to help infuse zucchini with sausage flavors
- Transfer to dutch oven
- Core and dice tomatoes (or open can of tomatoes), and add to dutch oven
- Add chicken broth and seasonings
- Simmer until zucchini is done, but not falling apart
- Serve warm with crackers, or bread.