Soft Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- preheat oven to 350º
- in a large bowl, mix flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and sugar.
- Combine well.
- Add butter, egg, 1 tablespoon of milk, and vanilla.
- Mix dough until if comes together, adding the second tablespoon of milk if necessary.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Squeeze dough together into a ball.
- Roll out between sheets of parchment paper to somewhere between ¼” and ⅓” thick.
- Cut into rounds, or with shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, and place the oven for 7-10 minutes until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool until set.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Ice as desired.