Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2–3 large butternut squashes
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granola cereal (optional)
- Peel and seed butternut squash.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into wedges.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt together.
- Layer squash and apples in a 6 quart crockpot.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over top, and dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or hight for 3-4 hours until squash is tender.
- Top with granola before serving.