This is a sponsored post, written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
One of the reasons I love taco meals so much is because it’s kind of a build-your-own lunch, which means everyone ends up liking what’s on their plate. As a mom of smallish kids, that is pretty essential to family peace.
We loooove our tacos. And I don’t know about you, but in the spring and early summer, I also love to eat lightened up, fresher versions of my favorite foods.
Which is where these Simple Mediterranean-Style Tacos come in.
These babies are the perfect pairing of traditional corn tortilla-wrapped goodness, and spring veggies paired with a bit of fresh mint to kick up the flavor a notch.
Bonus points for this recipe is, it’s super simple too!
When I was at Walmart earlier this week, I stopped by the tortilla aisle to pick up a couple packages of Mission Organics® new Non-GMO project verified corn tortillas just for this recipe.
We eat a lot of corn tortillas, and I like to stick to organic corn products wherever I can, so I’m happy to see that this new-to-market tortilla line is USDA certified organic. What’s even better? They come in a flour or whole wheat variety!
After that, it was just a matter of slicing and dicing some chicken breast, cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh mint, and cooking some quinoa.
Of course, my kids didn’t want tomatoes on theirs, and Gabe didn’t take the cucumber, but me? Give me ALL of it!
The addition of the minty quinoa is a great flavor and texture enhancer, plus it packs a nice punch of vegetable protein.
Want more on Mission Organics new line of products? Find more recipes and use the store locator to find tortillas in your area by visiting Mission’s website here.Print
Simple Mediterranean-Style Tacos
- 1/2 lb chicken boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about half a lemon, juiced)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2–1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 6–8 Mission Organics Corn Tortillas (available in the tortilla aisle at Walmart)
- Optional ingredients: feta cheese, avocado
- Slice chicken into 1/4-1/2 inch thick strips.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with olive oil and lemon juice
- Heat medium-sized skillet
- Add chicken mixture to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is done through, and moisture is mostly evaporated. It’s nice if you can let the moisture evaporate out and get some brownness on the chicken strips.
- While chicken is cooking, rinse quinoa and cook in 1 cup of water
- While chicken and quinoa are cooking, chop mint, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- When quinoa is done, mix in minced garlic and chopped mint leaves
- Heat tortillas by removing from package, placing on a plate, covering with a second plate, and microwaving on high 30-45 seconds, or heating one at a time on a hot skillet.
- Layer toppings on tortilla as desired, and enjoy!