My kids have fallen in love with no-bake energy bites recently. We first started making them to snack on during our trip to south america back in August, and now we keep sandwich baggies of them in the freezer for a grab-and-go snack.
They’re really fun to play around with in terms of flavor combinations and adding fun mix-ins, and of course, it’s fall y’all! So naturally, we made a big batch of pumpkin pie flavored no-bake energy bites.
These energy bites are nutritious and filling. You get fiber and carbs with the oatmeal, and of course, the honey is a carb source (hint: use raw honey for enzymes and antibacterial qualities!), and the coconut flakes and peanut butter also contain carbs. The coconut flakes, peanut (or almond) butter and flax seed also contain lots of fat, and with the addition of protein powder, you get a powerhouse of a satisfying snack.
In the afternoon between lunch and dinner, my kids will usually eat two energy balls, and be satisfied for house – which is saying something for them.
Now, this particular no-bake recipe also has pumpkin in it – they are, after all, pumpkin pie flavored – which ads some nutritional value for sure, but my favorite part is the pumpkin pie spice, because let’s be real; pumpkin just isn’t pumpkin without cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
You will love this warm, spicy, fall inspired version of no-bake energy bites!Print
Pumpkin Pie No-Bake Energy Bites
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut (I used this unsweetened coconut)
- 1/2 cup flax meal (I made my own by blending golden flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup unflavored protein powder (I used pea protein)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (I use this brand) or almond butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 2/3 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, craisins, or raisins,
- Combine oatmeal, coconut, flax meal, and protein powder together in a large bowl
- Add peanut butter, pumpkin purée honey, and vanilla
- Stir to mix well
- Mix in chocolate chips and pumpkin pie spice
- Roll into one inch balls and refrigerate up to two weeks, or arrange on a cookie sheet to flash freeze.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!