I know, what’s the point of high protein energy bites? After all, carbs are your energy, right?
Well the thing is, it always seems like I’m never feeding the kids enough protein, so I add it to recipes whenever I can.
That, and I don’t care for the taste of flax to be honest.
Now that we have the taste of flax out of the way, I’m really excited about these no-bake energy bites! They make great additions to lunch boxes, and perfect road trip snacks. I even packed them up in snack baggies with our favorite blueberry-banana fruit leather, and took them with us on our flight to Argentina a few weeks ago. They saved us Soooo much money by not having to buy airport food!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how customizable it is – You will never get bored with it! Our favorites are peanut butter with chocolate chips and mini m&ms (because you know, they’re soooo healthy), but a close second is almond butter with craisins, and (when I’m feeling indulgent) vanilla baking chips.
Protein Packed No-Bake Energy Bites
If you need an energy pick me up, these no-bake energy balls are delicious and full of protein.
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut (I used this unsweetened coconut)
- 1/2 cup flax meal (I made my own by blending golden flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup unflavored protein powder (I used pea protein) Can also use regular or gluten free flour.
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use this brand) or almond butter
- 2/3 cups raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, craisins, raisins, mini m&ms, and/or flavored baking chips (vanilla, butterscotch, peanut butter)
- Combine oatmeal, coconut, flax meal, and protein powder together in a large bowl
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla
- Stir to mix well
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Roll into one inch balls and refrigerate up to two weeks, or arrange on a cookie sheet to flash freeze.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.