I know, what’s the point of high protein energy bites? After all, carbs are your energy, right?
Well the thing is, it always seems like I’m never feeding the kids enough protein, so I add it to recipes whenever I can.
That, and I don’t care for the taste of flax to be honest.
Now that we have the taste of flax out of the way, I’m really excited about these no-bake energy bites! They make great additions to lunch boxes, and perfect road trip snacks. I even packed them up in snack baggies with our favorite blueberry-banana fruit leather, and took them with us on our flight to Argentina a few weeks ago. They saved us Soooo much money by not having to buy airport food!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how customizable it is – You will never get bored with it! Our favorites are peanut butter with chocolate chips and mini m&ms (because you know, they’re soooo healthy), but a close second is almond butter with craisins, and (when I’m feeling indulgent) vanilla baking chips.
Protein Packed No-Bake Energy Bites
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut (I used this unsweetened coconut)
- 1/2 cup flax meal (I made my own by blending golden flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup unflavored protein powder (I used pea protein)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use this brand) or almond butter
- 2/3 cups raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, craisins, raisins, mini m&ms, and/or flavored baking chips (vanilla, butterscotch, peanut butter)
- Combine oatmeal, coconut, flax meal, and protein powder together in a large bowl
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla
- Stir to mix well
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Roll into one inch balls and refrigerate up to two weeks, or arrange on a cookie sheet to flash freeze.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!