Tasty Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- Mix all dry ingredients. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. TIP: I find the easiest and best way is to pulse it in a food processor.
- Add egg, and enough water to form a ball that’s moist enough that hold together, but not sticky.
- Roll out on a piece of parchment, or waxed paper that has been generously dusted with rice flour.
- Turn into a 9 inch pie plate. Cut off excess, crimp edges and fill with your favorite filling.
- OR, pre-bake crust (for no-bake pies) in a 425º oven for 15 minutes.