This week, guys, I failed in a big way. In fact, I almost decided to just not write anything this weekend.
Early Sunday morning, I came down with a stomach virus, so not only did I not do any meal prep Sunday afternoon, I didn’t even get any groceries. Boo!
On Monday, I was feeling a tiny bit better, and did manage to get all the chicken cooked, and soup made, then on Tuesday, I made meatballs. Using this recipe, but leaving out the oatmeal, and adding kale
Wednesday and Thursday, I felt completely better, and made a few goodies, and food videos, (that’s my version of playing – playing in the kitchen!).
Then Friday happened. Sick again, and the only thing I could bring myself to eat after losing my chicken fajita soup after lunch, was ramen noodles. So healthy.
So I guess that’s one way to come off the Whole30. 😛
In any event, this is how our menu was supposed to look this week:
- Sausage, apple slices
- Chicken with roasted potatoes (my contribution to our church potluck)
- Scrambled eggs
- Chicken Fajita Soup (I used this recipe – but much more simplified)
- Hamburgers, fried potatoes, broccoli
- Sausage and sweet potato hash browns
- Chicken with whole30 barbecue sauce, salad
- Meatballs with zoodle spaghetti
- Scrambled eggs with cheese
- Chicken fajita soup
- Hamburgers, Sweet potato fries
- Homeamde sausage, hashbrowns
- Meatballs, roasted zucchini and yellow squash
- Mashed potatoes and chicken gravy, broccoli
- Scrambled eggs
- Chicken with whole30 barbecue sauce, fried sweet potatoes, steamed cabbage
- Slow cooker venison roast with potatoes and carrots, salad
- Ham and cheese omelets
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Chicken Cesar Salad
With any luck, we’ve finally kicked the flu, and I’l never, ever, eat chicken fajita soup again. Ever.
Happy meal planning!