The more I learn about essential oils, the more I realize the uses for them are endless. When I first started digging in, I tried to use all the oils for all the things, but as seems to be the case with all good things in life, simplicity is the best policy.
So for the most part, I’m using a small core group of oils right now that are my favorites, and I use them for nearly e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. (or at least it seems like it)
Lime essential oil. I’ve been working to drink more water – A lot more water – lately. I never actually enjoyed citrus water, but I suppose that was probably because I used lemon instead of lime. A few months ago, I bought some lime oil because I read that it was a great digestive aid and metabolic stimulant, and found that I absolutely LOVE adding a few drops to my glass of water. It’s one of the most inexpensive oils, and now it’s one that I won’t be without. It’s helped me reach my water drinking goal nearly every day for the last several weeks.
Thieves oil blend. It’s probably one of the most famous Young Living blends, and I love it. I take it every day (when I remember, ahem) as an immune support. It tastes terrible, so if you don’t have gelatin capsules to put it in, be warned! it’s antibacterial properties also make it great in homemade cleaners, and I like to use it in my homemade tooth powder.
Breathe again roll on. I’ve mentioned a time or two how much I love this oil blend. 🙂 Think of it as a vapor rub for anytime you’re outside, or even inside with the windows open.
Valerian essential oil. I have to warn you upfront, that this isn’t one of the nicer smelling oils, but oh, is it effective! According to the resource guide description valerian is tranquilizing to the central nervous system. As an aside, My mom use to capsulize valerian root and give them to my dad for his headaches, but the root itself is not highly concentrated, so you have to take a LOT of it in order to be effective.
Peppermint essential oil. Who doesn’t love the smell of peppermint? It’s purported to be effective as a digestive aid. My personal favorite way to use it is by putting a few drops in chocolate milk, or my chocolate protein shake, or in homemade ice cream. Yum! It also makes a great cooling spray on hot days.
Lavender. Many people call it the king of oils. It’s so soothing and calming, and it seems like there are endless ways to use it. I like to diffuse it sometimes at night, and mix it in lotions. (you can google lavender essential oil to get an idea of how awesome it is). It’s also amazing for soothing irritated skin.
Spearmint. I just love the way spearmint smells. Mmm, so yummy! It tastes terrible though, so DON’T think that just because it smells amazing means that it’ll make a great addition to your water. Yuck! It’s definitely a keeper for soap making and diffusing though.
These are the oils I use the most often, and order over and over again, but they’re just the start. The premium starter kit comes with eleven different oils, with many, many different uses, which I’ve actually outlined over here.
If you’ve been thinking about getting into essential oils, this is a great time to do it! Last month’s specials were so popular, we decided to bring them back for this month!
How to Buy Young Living Oils
There are a few different options. You’ll likely want to choose the wholesale member option when you sign up so that you’ll get the 24% discount (if you just choose “Customer” then the prices are retail prices). Once you fill out your information you will need to pick an enrollment kit.
Right now, when you sign up with a premium starter kit through me, I will send you a beautiful FREE filigree diffuser necklace, AND you’ll be entered to win a Breathe Again roll-on (providing there are at least 3 sign-ups). Breathe Again has proven to be one of the most useful essential oil blend I’ve ever used. Especially when hay is being made all around us.
I would strongly recommend starting with the Premium Starter Kit. It’s BY FAR the best value, as it includes 11 oils to try out (lavender, peppermint, lemon, Panaway, Purification, Thieves, frankincense, DiGize, StressAway, Copaiba, and R.C. It also comes with a really nice home diffuser that is normally priced at $98 just by itself, and the total retail value of the kit is over $250!
For $160, that’s a pretty sweet deal!
Here’s how to sign up:
- Head over to the Young Living page here and fill out your information. It only takes a second, I promise!
- BE SURE the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
- BE SURE the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 2652017 (those numbers should automatically populate if you click through the link above.)
- If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds hereand use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
- Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation would be the Premium Starter Kit Those are the oils that I use almost every single day! You can get the kit that’s $160, or you can choose one of the more expensive essential oil diffusers (shown below)
- I’d recommend skipping the Step 3 (Optional) part of the sign-up process. I’ll send over an email with more details on that part of things after you sign up (if you’re going to be purchasing products monthly then it’s a great program that will give you credit back with each order and save you on shipping costs).
- Go through the checkout process. Young Living accepts most major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- BONUS STEP–Completely Optional! If you would like to earn 2 bonus oils this month, then get your order total up to 190 PV (different products have different point values). You could get the Start Living With Everyday Oils kit and automatically have 100 point value… then you’ll just need 90 more points to get the bonus oils. For example, you could grab an extra bottle of Thieves Oil at 33.75 points, 15 ml bottle of Lavender at 23.5 points, 15 ml bottle of Lime at 11 points, and the 14.4 ounces of Thieves Household Cleaner at 22 points (just pour one capful of the concentrated Thieves cleaning solution into a spray bottle and it lasts for a really long time!) All of those items will bring your total points up to $190.25 which will qualify you to get the two BONUS oils! (This step is completely optional!)
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!