Home-Canned Apple Pie Filling Recipe
- 12 cups sugar
- 2 ¼ cup Clear gel
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts water
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 quarts of apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Mix first five ingredients together in a large stock pot.
- Stir in water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add apples and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Fill clean jars leaving half an inch of headspace.
- Wipe rim of each jar before capping with new lids, and clean rings.
- Process in a water bath canner for 25 minutes.
- 1 quart jar fills a 9” pie shell.
- Makes 14 quarts.