I seem to have a mild obsession with trying different types of protein. Rice protein? How interesting! Pea protein? let me try that! Hemp protein sounds awesome!
And it is awesome, but it doesn’t mix into drinks and smoothies like pea or whey protein does.
Besides, I also have more than a mild obsession with brownies and chocolate and all things sweet.
Thus, the hemp protein brownie bites.
And now you know a few things about me that you could have gone your whole life without know that you didn’t need to know.
Anyway, I first tried to make these with a stevia baking blend, and they were awful. Although, I think using too much cocoa powder was partly to blame. they were bitter as all get out, and I ended up adding sugar(!) just to make them palatable.
Lesson learned: that stevia stuff was in the clearance bin for good reason.
The second batch, I cut back on cocoa, and used (our store’s knock off version of) Truvia as the sweetener, with a little vanilla, and they are A-okay. Kind of indulgent, but alllll protein.
Important note: This recipe is for unflavored, unsweetened protein. If your protein is flavored, omit the sweetener and cocoa.
Hemp Protein Brownie Bites
Hemp Protein Brownies
These delicious protein brownie bites are super easy to make and a great pick me up throughout your day.
- *note: you could use honey or maple syrup for your sweetener in place of both the Truvia and water.
- Mix protein, cocoa, and trivia together in a bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, and a few teaspoons of water.
- Mix and keep adding water, a little at a time, until mixture forms a ball, or is about the consistency of soft play dough.
- Flatten into a square shape, and cut into squares. OR roll into small balls.
- Optional: Add a handful of nuts or flax seeds to the mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.