I’ll be honest; a couple years ago, I was clueless as to how much food small children could pack into their crops. Seriously. Do your kids eat you out of house and home?
I feel like I’m always looking for more gluten-free recipes, particularly healthy cookies, making snacks, putting snacks on the table, cleaning snacks up, and doing lots of other snack related chores. 😛
It’s a good thing I love to cook.
My sister makes these oatmeal cookies that are absolutely delicious… but they’re also absolutely filled with brown sugar. No bueno. I’m a huge fan of healthy sweet treats, especially when it comes to my kids. They’re one of the main reasons for the ever awesome healthy no-bake cookies recipe. But that’s not a recipe you want your kids chowing down on all the time, so I’ve had it in my head for a while to figure out a way to make healthy oatmeal cookies for snacks.
If only I’d known how easy it would be, I would have done it a long time ago. I mean, they’re similar to 3 ingredient toddler cookies, but even easier.
This recipe has no refined sugar, and only two ingredients – add-ins are optional!
I used Bob’s Red Mill certified gluten-free oatmeal, because gluten-free is kind of a big thing in our house, but any rolled oats or quick oats will work – you’re going to blend it all up anyway!
So for your snack loving folks out there – or for those of you who have snack loving kids in your house, hang on a sec. You’re about to be introduced to the easiest healthy cookie ever!
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Place banana and oatmeal into a food processor or blender.
- Add vanilla, if using.
- Blend until dough comes together (30-60 seconds). It should be thick – like cookie dough!
- Stir in any of your favorite cookie additions. Mine are chocolate chips (because you don’t want them to be too healthy, right?) and shredded coconut.
- Drop by mounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheet, flattening and shaping them as you go – these cookies won’t spread out!
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until slightly brown on the bottom.
Makes 6 cookies.
Notes: This recipe is easily doubled, or tripled.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!