Gluten-Free Gnocchi Recipe
- Rice or grate potato on a cheese grater.
- Beat egg and mix with potatoes.
- Add ½ cup of flour.
- If dough is sticky, add more flour, one tablespoon at a time until no longer sticky.
- Separate into small, workable pieces (I found walnut-sized to be perfect for me), and roll into a rope about the thickness of your thumb.
- Cut into 1-1 ½ inch pieces.
- Squish into the tines of a fork for a traditional gnocchi look, or skip this step if you’re in a hurry.
- Drop the dough pieces into boiling water. They’ll sink to the bottom.
- Scoop each gnocchi out into a sieve as soon as it pops up to the top.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and sides.