Gluten-Free French Butter Cake
- Bottom layer:
- 1 Pillsbury Gluten-Free yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Top layer:
- 1, 8oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together first three ingredients (cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs) until completely incorporated.
- In a second large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Press cake mix mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top, and spread evenly.
- Bake in center of the oven for 35-40 minutes, until cake no longer jiggles when moved (the toothpick test won’t work on this cake!)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cake is cool, cut into squares and serve.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.