I know it’s not quite Christmas day yet, but we’re so close! Are your kids hopping with anticipation of what’s under the tree? My children were so excited to get a Christmas package from their aunt in the mail this weekend. What fun memories!
Us moms have an equally fun duty during Christmas time – baking! That is, if you like to cook. I love cooking! And if it wouldn’t make me fat, I’d probably spend most of my time in the kitchen making goodies. 🙂
To tell the truth, I haven’t ever really gotten into the “Christmas flavored” stuff. In fact, I didn’t really know there was such a thing until recently, and my Christmas desserts vary only slightly from Thanksgiving desserts. Most notably, there’s a lot more candy, and no pecan pie.
If you’re still looking for some goodies to whip up, here’s a list of dessert recipes from here on the blog:
- Best Gluten-Free Pie Crust Recipe. This is honestly the best recipe I’ve ever used!
- Quick And Easy Pie Crust. This is almost as good as the roll out crust, and so much less time consuming!
- Gluten-Free “Graham Cracker” Pie Crust Recipe. This recipe tastes amazing, and it couldn’t be easier!
- The Best Ever Apple Pie Recipe. What’s a holiday without a traditional apple pie? Everybody loves this recipe handed down from our Amish neighbors!
- Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie. This recipe is so healthy, you can eat it for breakfast without feeling guilty. How’s that for a special holiday breakfast?
- Honey-Sweetened Cheesecake. Speaking of sugar-free, did you know you can make sugar free cheesecake? It’s darn good too!
- Sugar-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake. More Sugar-free goodness! It may sound hard to believe, but you will not miss the sugar here, and the blend of spices is just perfect!
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps. If you’ve never made gingersnaps, you’re missing out on a treat! These cookies are so soft, and delightfully spicy smelling when they come out of the oven – pure bliss!
- Gluten-Free Buckwheat Cookies. These unusual cookies have a nice, whole-grain flavor that is often lacking in gluten-free desserts. Definitely a winner with everyone!
- Pumpkin-Oatmeal Cookies. I was first introduced to these by an Amish friend. Any time I make them, we’re lucky to have any left by the time they cool off. They’re just so good straight out of the oven!
- Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cookies. These cookies are a new favorite for me! I love being able to whip up something special without even having to heat the oven up!
- Healthy No-Bake cookies. To date, this have been my most popular recipe – and with good reason! There’s almost no way you can mess this recipe up, and you get to eat no-bake cookies – a flavor straight from heaven – and still be healthy. It’s almost too good to be true! Oh but it is true. Every single heavenly bite!
(Because, what’s Christmas without fudge, amIright?)
- Old Fashioned Fudge from Scratch. Yes guys, you can make fudge from scratch. And you know what else? It’s really not that hard! It just takes a few minutes longer.
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Fudge. Do you know what happens when you mix cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger with chocolate? Magic. That’s what happens. You’ve gotta try it to believe it! Some of the best fudge you’ll ever taste!
- Peanut Butter Cheese ball. Dessert Cheese balls are amazing. This one is perfect served with apple slices! (so it’s semi-healthy, and therefore guilt-free, right?)
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake. I love chocolate lava cake. I mean, gooey chocolate, with cake chocolate. How can you not love that? Even better, it’s a slow cooker recipe. Win!
- Peanut Butter Popcorn. Okay, this stuff is too rich for anything but special occasions. But guess what?! Christmas is a special occasion (I know, who knew?), so it’s okay!
- Homemade, corn syrup-free Marshmallows. I never knew how much fun making marshmallows was until I tried it. For Christmas, I like to replace some of the vanilla with peppermint extract and put them in hot chocolate!
I don’t know about you, but I’m drooling now! That’s okay, because I fully intend to indulge this Christmas – and New Year’s Eve. Because Gabriel and I have promised each other that January is going to be a sugar-free month for us. Eek! I don’t know if I can do it! But until then, I intend to have lots of fun in the kitchen!
Hope you enjoy this little list. Merry Christmas!