Gluten-free blueberry scones have become one of my kid’s favorite breakfasts. Fancy and fruity, but with hardly any sugar – which meant that this gluten-free recipe makes me happy!
What is about scone that are just kind of… Cool?
They make you feel all gourmet and fancy. Even though scones are one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make.
Gluten-free scones are no exception. Which is really great, because I’m all about easy gluten-free recipes.
I made these blueberry scones for our breakfast this morning and everybody loved them. This recipe’s a keeper for sure.
You can serve them with icing (Gabriel’s preference), or hot with butter (my preference), or just eat them plain like Garrett did quite happily until he saw daddy drizzling something over his. Whichever way you serve them, you won’t be disappointed!Print
Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Combine dry ingredients, and cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy (we beat them for 3-4 minutes). Add dry ingredients. Stir in just enough milk to make a biscuit-like dough.
- Carefully mix in blueberries. I really didn’t want my blueberries smashed and turning my dough purple, but it’s kind of hard to avoid when you’re using frozen bloobs. Fortunately, it still tastes the same.
- Turns dough onto a greased cookie sheet, and shape into a 1” thick circle with floured hands.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges. Optionally, you can use a spatula to slide the wedges away from each other so they don’t stick back together as that rise in the oven.
- Brush with milk, dust with sugar (optional), and place in the middle of the preheated oven.
- Turn temperature down to 375°.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!