Making the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine first four ingredients and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and stir until combined, but try not to overtax.
- Grease a donut pan and fill each donut form 90% full
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on the size of your donuts), or until the donuts spring back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from pan to a cooling grid and let cool for several minutes before icing.
Alternatively, as I mentioned above, if you have a donut baker, which is similar to a waffle iron, that is a very fast, easy way to make your donuts. Generally, they are non-stick, so you don’t have to grease it. Simply preheat, and add a few tablespoons of batter to each form, close the lid and bake for 3-5 minutes.
To make the vanilla glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating the lumps out if necessary.
- The glaze should be slightly thicker than honey. Don’t be afraid to add more powdered sugar or milk, a drop at a time, to get the right consistency.
- Dip your cooled donuts into the glaze, and place back on a cooling grid, set over a cookie sheet to catch drips, and let crust.
- If you dip a donut and aren’t satisfied with the coverage, adjust the thickness of your glaze.