This dairy-free bacon, and potato corn chowder is simple, affordable, and the perfect fall comfort dinner!
We like to joke in the south that Fall means nothing to us, because it’s still 90º in the middle of the day, we’re still wearing shorts and drinking cold sweet tea to keep cool.
But now that we’re in mid October, we’re starting to see glimpses of cooler weather peaking through to let us know that winter and the holiday season is on the way.
And one glimpse is really all I need to start making soup – call it chili, stew, chowder – whatever. You know what I mean!
A hearty, hot, flavor-packed dinner you can spoon into your mouth and savor.
And it doesn’t get much better than dairy-free bacon and potato corn chowder!
The sweetness of corn, mixed with the saltiness of bacon, and savory aroma of thyme, all combined with the hearty texture of potatoes and thick chicken broth.
So… fall or no fall, this chowder will hit the spot with you and your kids – and it’s easy to make to boot!
Dairy-Free Bacon, and Potato Corn Chowder
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes (2 cups, peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups chicken broth (I love homemade slow cooker chicken broth!)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon until crips and brown
- Remove and crumble
- Add onion to bacon grease, and sauce until onion is translucent
- Drain off excess grease, and move onions to a dutch oven or large saucepan
- Add potatoes, bacon, and chicken broth
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are just barely tender
- Add corn and thyme, and continue simmering until corn and potatoes are tender
- Stir cornstarch into almond milk
- Pour into potato and corn mixture and stir until thickened
- Serve and enjoy!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.