Cracked Millet Apple Crisp
- 3 large baking apples (such as granny smith)
- 1 cup millet
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Add your millet to a blender and pulse until millet is somewhat coarser than cornmeal, but you no longer see any whole pieces.
- Melt butter in a medium sized bowl and stir in cracked millet and brown sugar.
- Combine until crumbly and set aside.
- Peel and chop apples to desired size. I like them in 1/2 inch chunks, but if I’m in a hurry I sometimes just slice them in half inch thick slices.
- Add to 8×8 pan, or 4 individual ramekins and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon.
- Top with millet topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until apples are soft and topping is beginning to brown.
- Let cool for ten minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!