Bake Pork Chops and Rice
- 2 pork chops
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, pepper, and sage.
- optional: Sear chops in a hot skillet.
- Pour rice and chicken broth into an 8×8 inch baking pan. Place pork chops on top and bake for an hour or until done.
Slow cooker version:
- Pour rice and chicken broth into slow cooker. I highly recommend using brown rice as white rice will cook very quickly and scorch before the chops are done. If you want to use white rice, just wait to add it until the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, paper, and sage, and lay on top of rice.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with a side salad, and/or baked sweet potatoes.