Don’t you just love easy, one-pot meals? I know I do! Especially when they’re naturally gluten-free recipes. That’s what’s so great about this baked pork chops and rice recipe. It’s super easy, while being filling and delicious. And did I mention man pleasing?
I’ve never met a man who didn’t love tender, baked pork chops.
What I love so much about this recipe is that you can bake it in the slow cooker, and just let it cook most of the day, while you don’t even think about it. It’s such a stress relief to go about your day, knowing that dinner is already taken care of, you know?
Or you can bake it in the oven for a quicker dish. Still delicious. Still easy, but more of a last minute thing.
Either way, the end result is tender pork chops, seasoned to perfection with salt, pepper, and sage, and rice, cooked in chicken broth which, as simple as it sounds, has definitely become one of my favorite comfort foods. Rice. Chicken broth. It honestly just does not get any better than that!
I grew up cooking with chicken bullion cubes, but what made me such a fan of chicken-rice is making my own slow cooker chicken broth. It’s amazing. It elevates your rice from simple food, to gourmet. Plus it kicks the nutrition up by several notches. Win-win, I say!
Baked Pork Chops and Rice RecipePrint
Bake Pork Chops and Rice
This simple and delicious one-dish dinner recipe is the perfect option for any busy night!
- 2 pork chops
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, pepper, and sage.
- optional: Sear chops in a hot skillet.
- Pour rice and chicken broth into an 8×8 inch baking pan. Place pork chops on top and bake for an hour or until done.
Slow cooker version:
- Pour rice and chicken broth into slow cooker. I highly recommend using brown rice as white rice will cook very quickly and scorch before the chops are done. If you want to use white rice, just wait to add it until the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, paper, and sage, and lay on top of rice.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with a side salad, and/or baked sweet potatoes.
Try some of these other delicious dinner options:
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.
Misty Hart says
you didn’t say if I can use minute rice or bag rice which takes longer. Please advise.
the recipe sounds wonderful, especially in the slow cooker while I’m doing chores.
I use long grain white rice, or even brown rice when I do it in the slow cooker (I was afraid the brown rice wouldn’t get done in the oven).
I think minute rice would get overdone.
Lisa Corbin says
Do you cook the rice before putting the chops in?
Did you cover the pan with foil?
Yes! Sorry for the omission.
Amanda Gill says
How can I double the recipe?
I am doubling it this day …not whole recipe just increasing pork chops to 6. Report back after dinner tonight. Asparagus and rolls with it.