Each month, I like to document a few things that we’ve been enjoying as a family. I think it’s a great reminder to count our blessings, and maybe you’ll find a helpful tidbit or two in the list.
These are only five of the things we loved in the last month. It’s funny how when you start to think about it, you realize just how many things there are in your life to love. It’s great!
- Mighty Minds. This little puzzle-game is part of the preschool package with Sonlight curriculum, but I’ll let you in on a little secret: you can get it from amazon much, much cheaper. Garrett LOVES it, but he has a habit of choosing cards that are way above his head, and then asking me to help which results in me getting sucked in because it’s just so interesting!
- Bike Trailer. So one evening several months ago, I mentioned to my father-in-law that I was thinking about getting a bike trailer so that we could do some serious biking as a family. Guess what he got for my birthday? Nope, not a trailer, a gift card with which to buy a bike trailer. He said he did a little research and couldn’t decide what to get. It wasn’t long before I seriously felt that pain! It took my over two months to take the leap and order one already because they all looked nice, but had mixed reviews (although granted, some of the bad reviews were things like “it smelled like plastic for weeks after I got it out of the box”). I chose the one I did because it has a large, fixed front wheel, and stroller handle. I won’t lie, the stroller handle isn’t the most sturdy thing in the world, but that doesn’t stop us from taking a walk every morning with it. I”m also thrilled with how easy it is to swap it over to my bicycle and can’t wait to take it on some longer trips!
- iPod case with built in kickstand. I have not-so-fond memories of finding creative ways to prop up my iPod so I could see my recipe, or tutorial, or whatever while I was cooking (I know, #firstworldproblems), so I’m sure you can imagine how cool it is to have a case with a built in kickstand. Problem eliminated!
- Having my car back. When we were told the spindles were ruined, and that new ones would cost more than the car was worth, I was a sad panda. Our little VW Jetta isn’t a fancy car by any means. It’s older, and needs some serious touching up on the paint job, but it’s comfortable, and I love the way it drives. Also, it gets over 40MPG without even trying. Can’t beat that! Fortunately, after what seemed like a ridiculously long time sitting outside the shop, a handyman friend of ours found some good spindles on a car in a junk yard and I have my car back! Yay!
- Planet Earth. Garrett LOVES Planet Earth. I mentioned last week that I’d bitten the bullet and gotten a Netflix account. If I’d known how fascinated Garrett would be by watching Polar bears and penguins, I would have gotten one a long time ago. I can’t wait until we (finally) get our real TV set up so he can watch it on something other than my iPod. 🙂
If I was going to add a sixth item, it would probably be food. Actually, food would probably be #1, 😉 I’ve been trying really hard to eat clean, but the desire to make a really good, yeasty, sourdough doughnut is getting pretty strong, so that effort may go down the drain pretty soon.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.