Well, they’re mom cookies too of course, but lately, I’ve been keeping these 3 ingredient toddler cookies around for Garrett to snack on. I don’t know about your toddler, but when I ask mine if he wants a cookie, he comes running. It’s one of the easiest gluten-free recipes you’ll ever see. You can’t go wrong with healthy cookies!
In fact, this recipe came about because I didn’t have all the ingredients for the breakfast cookies we all love so well, but I still needed a snack with a bit of protein for Garrett to have pre-breakfast, or post-nap. Keeps the crankys away, ya know?
Of course, these aren’t your super-indulgent, super-sweet, chewy treats. Just a good, wholesome, mildly sweetened snack (with a little protein to boot!). But that doens’t matter. If it’s called a cookie, Garrett wants it.
I usually use Aldi’s natural peanut butter, but any preanut butter will do. If you use a more hardcore, sugar-free peanut butter , you’ll probably want to add extra honey. I also love to use sorghum instead of honey, because it’s so much cheaper in our neck of the woods.Print
3 Ingredient Toddler Cookies
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- rasins, craisins, sunflower seeds, nuts, etc.
- Mix ingredients, and roll into walnut sized balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet and flatten a bit.
- These won’t spread in the oven.
- Bake at 375 for about ten minutes.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy!